Modern Guitar Rigs covers topics of interest to guitarists looking to build pro-level rigs that move beyond a simple pedal board and combo amp. Whether you're playing clubs at the indie band level, getting setfor a major tour, heading into the studio to record a new album, or jus t searching for “ultimate tone,” this revised and updated edition brings you the most current and effective sound-shaping tools and techniques, including:
• Amp setups: integrating pedals and rack gear, wet/dry/wet configurations, modeling amps and profilers, rack-mounted amps, stereo rigs, and audio looping systems
• Rackgear: multi-effects processors and dedicated signal processors, audio l oopers, amp function switching systems, and MIDI foot controllers
• Guitar options: piezoelectric pickups and splitting guitar signals to multiple amps
• Effects loops: choosing the right loopfor your specific needs
Rig infrastructure: power conditioning, noise suppression, power attenuators, wireless systems, custom cabling, and equipment racks
• Rigs of the stars: a look at the complex rigs used by many leading guitar players, including John Petrucci of Dream Theater, Alex Lifeson of Rush, and Steven Wilson and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree
• Interviews with leading custom rig builders, including the legendary Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics. Full-color throughout. Includes DVD.