The GL-20 possesses every design element of ground-breaking GL-10 Professional Baby Grand Piano in a more massive 5'2" size that provides greater bass resonance and a more impressive visual profile. The tone of the GL-20 is further enhanced by the addition of Dual Duplex Scaling that produces greater complexity of sound. With its exceptional combination of touch and music, the GL-20 is a potent performer with a petite profile.
Among pianos, each size possesses a unique character with distinctive tonal qualities. The tone of the GL-20 grand piano is enhanced by its longer scale design that provides more bass response but also by the addition of Dual Duplex Scaling that allows the extreme ends of the piano’s strings to vibrate and produce additional harmonics that enliven tone. Dual Duplex Scaling is an important design element that helps make possible the beautiful singing quality of the GL-20.
We invite you to experience this extraordinary instrument, an essential member of the famous GL Series line of grand pianos that was named Global Music Industry “Product of the Year” by MMR Magazine in 2016.
The GL Series Grand Pianos possess all the essential qualities that have made Kawai pianos a preferred choice of pianists and educators for generations. They were conceived with one goal in mind: to provide exceptional touch and tone that endures.
- Kawai's exclusive, patented Millennium III Action, featuring ABS-Carbon technology with carbon fibre
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID): Double width stretcher bar for optimum strength
- Extended length key sticks: for more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert length key buttons: doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce precision tapered soundboard: permanently crowned for long term stability
- Dual duplex scaling for the added tonal richness
- Solid brass agraffes for even string spacing and easier tuning
- Multi-grip 11-ply laminated pin block
- V-Pro plate: grey iron with "crossbone" design
- Steel reinforced key slip for strength and stability that avoids sticking keys
- Steel reinforced, multi-laminated keybed for strength and optimum energy transfer
- Ultra-slow soft fall fallboard
- Kawai 12 year manufacturer's warranty
Size & Weight
Key Surfaces Acrylic/Phenol
Action Millenium III Carbon Fibre Action
Hammer All underfelt
Pedals Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
Music Rack Adjustable to five angles
Fallboard Softfall system
Casters Brass, Single
|Last Updated||2022-01-29 12:30:55|