Kawai GL40 Grand Piano in Ebony Polish
The GL Series Grand Pianos possess all the essential qualities that have made Kawai pianos a preferred choice of pianists and educators for generations. They were conceived with one goal in mind: to provide exceptional touch and tone that endures.
The GL-40 Classic Salon Grand offers the dignified presence of a classic grand with a tonal character that is unmatched by any comparable piano. Its 5'11" size is longer than most instruments typically classified as classic grands, allowing it to provide more substantial and impressive tonal resonance. A popular choice for homes, schools, churches and teaching studios, the GL-40 is a superb choice for the sensitive musician.
Featuring the exclusive Millennium III Action with ABS-Carbon composites, the GL-40 Classic Salon Grand Piano offers the perfect combination of precision and nuance that will inspire the most passionate expressions of musical artistry. In addition to the wide range of advanced features that made the GL Series of instruments MMR Magazine’s global music industry “Product of the Year” in 2016, the GL-40 features the Kawai CORE System.
CORE is an acronym that refers to the way the piano’s strength centres (the rim, plate and underside beams) all focus on one central point at the heart of the instrument to maximize the reflective capabilities of the inner rim and provide greater tonal sustain and power. The CORE System enhances the total musical experience for the player. Play the GL-40 grand piano to understand how it can transform your music for years to come.
- Kawai's exclusive, patented Millennium III Action, featuring ABS-Carbon technology with carbon fibre
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID): Double width stretcher bar for optimum strength
- Extended length key sticks: for more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert length key buttons: doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce precision tapered soundboard: permanently crowned for long term stability
- Dual duplex scaling for the added tonal richness
- Solid brass agraffes for even string spacing and easier tuning
- Multi-grip 11-ply laminated pin block
- V-Pro plate: grey iron with "crossbone" design
- Steel reinforced key slip for strength and stability that avoids sticking keys
- Steel reinforced, multi-laminated keybed for strength and optimum energy transfer
- Ultra-slow soft fall fallboard
- Kawai 12 year manufacturer's warranty
Size & Weight
Key Surfaces Acrylic/Phenol
Action Millenium III Carbon Fibre Action
Hammer All underfelt
Pedals Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
Music Rack Adjustable to five angles
Fallboard Softfall system
Casters Brass, Single
|Last Updated||2022-01-29 12:30:55|