The perfect violin supplement book to spice up your recitals while exposing your students to jazz!
• Includes standards such as ""Ain't Misbehavin',"" jazz classics such as Horace Silver's ""Song for My Father"", and ""Orange Colored Sky"", which Nat King Cole made famous.
• Violin instruction for each song is pedagogically compatible with popular classical violin methods.
• At least one piece for each 1-5 level, including two duets - and there's even a jazzy Christmas medley.
• Note-for-note piano accompaniment and score written out for each song.
• Audio recording by master violinist and jazz recording star Jeremy Cohen (of Quartet San Francisco fame) performing each piece to piano accompaniment.
• Piano accompaniment-only tracks also included for students to practice to.
• Simple, easy to understand introduction to improvisation section allows students to explore basic jazz concepts - invaluable!