From the bestselling author of Improvising Blues Piano, Exploring Jazz Piano 1 & 2 and Exploring Latin Piano comes a collection of new Jazz, Latin and contemporary repertoire for solo piano.
This collection is aimed at pianists looking to explore these styles in more depth, or those looking to expand their musical horizons - an ideal accompaniment to other Tim Richards publications.
• Original pieces by Tim Richards, as well as new arrangements of standards by three of the most iconic composers in jazz: Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington and Charlie Parker
• Notes on interpretation, technique, theory and performance
• Recordings of all pieces played by Tim are included
• Most pieces include fully notated improvisations
• Chord symbols are provided to encourage you to play your own solos too
Easy pieces at the beginning of the book give way to more challenging ones later on, suitable for intermediate to advanced players.