The AT2040 dynamic mic offers professional-quality broadcast sound in an affordable package. Although designed for podcasting, the AT2040 can also be used for other content creation setups, such as live streaming, gaming, or doing voice-over work.
This microphone’s large diaphragm element delivers smooth, natural sound, no matter the application. The special internal multistage windscreen (combining foam mesh and a nonwoven pop filter) paired with the hypercardioid polar pattern results in highly directional, tight pickup that reduces external noises while producing a warm, classic sound. The AT2040 podcast microphone makes it easy to record single or dual vocals while in the same room, so even when using two mics to record two-person podcasts, users will enjoy great audio pickup.
Included Accessories: The AT2040 comes complete with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch.
Taking cues from our BP40 broadcast microphone, the rugged Audio Technica AT2040 dynamic microphone brings professional broadcast-quality sound and style to podcasters and other content creators at an accessible price. The mic’s multistage windscreen combines a nonwoven filter with foam mesh to provide superior internal pop filtering, while its integrated shock mount prevents unwanted noise by attenuating vibration from a boom arm or mic stand. The highly directional pickup (hypercardioid) keeps the sound focused on your voice and helps to minimize unwanted room noise, ensuring professional-quality broadcasts. The microphone comes with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch.
- XLR output connects to a conventional analog microphone input providing versatile use with everything from multi-input home studio computer interfaces to professional mixing consoles.
- Integrated shock mount that tames noise, shock and vibration that’s transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
- Internal pop filter
- Professional broadcast appearance and sound
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation.